Cajun Chicken Sandwich
1 chicken breast, skinned
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
4 tomatoes, sliced
Telegraph cucumber, sliced
Red capsicum, julienned
1 red onion, finely sliced
Ground sweet paprika for garnish
Chopped parsley for garnish
Foccacia bread, cut into 4 triangular pieces and sliced through the middle Fresh mesclun salad
Mango mayonnaise, see recipe below
Vinaigrette, see recipe below
- Place the chicken breast into a roasting dish with a little olive oil and sprinkle both sides with the Cajun seasoning.
- Bake in an oven at 180¡C for 10 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked.
- Cool and cut the meat into slices.
- Toast the foccacia and put the bottom slice on each plate.
- Place mesclun salad on the bread then top with tomato and cucumber slices.
- Put the carrot, capsicum and red onion on top and drizzle with a little vinaigrette.
- Place the chicken strips on top; drizzle with the mango mayonnaise and a little pesto.
- Garnish with sweet paprika and parsley.
- Lean the top slice of the bread against the sandwich and serve .
Makes about 1 litre, depending on thickness
3 egg yolks
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
1 cup mango pulp (sweetened if desired)
1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Put the egg yolks, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor and switch on high.
- Slowly pour in some oil until the mayonnaise thickens, then add the mango pulp and the brown sugar. Continue to add oil until the desired thickness is reached.
- Store the in refrigerator until needed.
2 cups olive oil
3/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup wholegrain mustard
1/4 cup castor sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cracked black pepper
Mix the ingredients well (preferably with a blender wand) and store in the refrigerator until needed.
This recipe was kindly supplied by Fitness Life Magazine – Your Body Your Mind